Moxie PRN is a company created and run entirely by a husband and wife team. As our company grows it is important to us to use our resources to help our fellow humans on this planet.
We have chosen to partner with two amazing organizations to help spread word of the work they are doing, their needs and how we can help them. We donate a portion of all our profits to help these two charity organizations and offer you the opportunity to donate directly to them at checkout as well or using the links below. The Kafunjo Community Project has really had our heart lately, the needs are urgent and you can follow their Facebook page for updates and requests. Please see below for full details.
Charity Water is a non-profit organization with the mission of bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries. Having access to clean water changes a community in a number of ways...
- Increases Health: Charity Water estimates that access to clean water and basic sanitation can save approximately 16,000 lives a week. Many of those most vulnerable are children under 5 years old.
- Increases Education Opportunities, especially for girls: Less time collecting water means more time in class. Clean water and proper toilets at school means teenage girls don’t have to stay home for a week out of every month.
- More Time: Access to clean water gives communities more time to grow food, earn an income and go to school - all of which fight poverty. In Africa alone Charity Water estimates that women spend 40 billion hours a year walking for water.
- Women Empowerment: In many places it is primarily the women who are responsible to collect and carry water. When a community gets water, women and girls get their lives back.They start businesses, improve their homes and take charge of their own futures.
- 100% of donations go directly to the water projects. This organization has private donors that cover their operating costs so every dollar that is donated goes directly to their water projects.
- They are an open book - you can track the projects and see all of their financial information right from their website.
This is a small organization with big and urgent needs brought to our attention by friends of ours who have visited. The Kafunjo Community Project is an orphanage and school providing care and education for children in need in Uganda. This is a little known project with few supporters that needs help NOW. Truly any amount that you donate makes a HUGE and immediate impact as they are in an acute struggle to provide food for all the children on a week by week basis. COVID has hit the community hard. The donations go directly to this project for whatever need they have at the time. Often it is food, clothing or the cost of medical care. The individuals who run the project post frequent updates and requests on Facebook so you can truly follow their everyday life.
We offer the opportunity to choose to donate from our shop checkout or you can donate directly from one of the ways they mention on their Facebook page!
Thank you as we already know that the work you do everyday makes an impact on our world! Stay safe!